Safari, Mail "unexpectedly quit"

Melissa137

Registered
Since I installed an update last night, i can't get Safari or Mail or Software update to open!. i immediately get a window saying that the program unexpectedly quit.

Any ideas?

Melissa

I think it was the latest security update - unfortunately it was early in the AM and i wasn't really paying attention. It was one of the recommended updates that pop-up periodically on the desktop. I'm not sure where to go to find out what the latest download was.

thanks, Melissa

I think it was the latest security update - unfortunately it was early in the AM and i wasn't really paying attention. It was one of the recommended updates that pop-up periodically on the desktop. I'm not sure where to go to find out what the latest download was.

thanks, Melissa
System Preferences->Software Update--Installed Updates tab.

I repaired permissions - Mail will open but will not download - Safari still "unexpectedly quit"s

What's next?

Melissa

Try trashing the preference files;

com.apple.mail.plist

com.apple.Safari.plist

Located here

User/Library/Preferences

Log out or restart

Boot off the OS X disc and run the Repair Disk in Disk Utility under the Installer or Utility Menu, depending on which version of OS X you have.

This is happening on my girlfriends G4 Powerbook 10.4.7 as well. This happened after the same security update. Her Software update unexpectedly quits immediately after opening. Safari also does not work. We have done everything you posted, running repair disk permissions and trashing the com.apple.mail.plist and com.apple.Safari.plist files. Nothing has worked. Can you still help? thanks

HELP!

I am experiencing problems with safari 'unexpectedly quitting' as well. This is getting crazy...its always the same website. I've trashed plist files for safari, quicktime and java, I've run YASU, Onyx, tiger cache cleaner, updated prebindings, permissions...still crashes at the same spot. Sweet.

Here is the crash log.

Thanks for the help all.

joneSi

edit: iBook G4 1.2ghz 768mb ram 10.4.8

Attachments

• Safaricrash.txt
    20.3 KB · Views: 1
Back