Safari...no home button? and...

I thought that if you used code under the GPL, you were required (By the GPL) to rerelease that code under the GPL, therefore making Safari openSource. Unless you can take code, modify it and repackage it in a proprietary model. Which would seem to undermine (what i think the GPL is).. I should probably go read up on the General Public License etc.. .

My two cents: I've been using Safari for a few hours too, and it rocks! I'm very impressed. I only had one weirdness when I had disabled popups (yay!), quit, and then started up again. Safari didn't want to open ANY windows, even a new main window from the File menu. Re-enabled popups and all is well again.

The only thing I miss, so far, is autofill. A must have with the frequency of annoying forms on the Web. :)

I don't like having to enter my name and password every time I come here or go elsewhere for that matter. Has anyone else had that problem?

Here's a funny one.

Open the bookmark menu.

Add a new bookmark with a title.

Bookmark should show up with title but no URL.

Double-click on the new bookmark to try and open it.

Choose "OK" or "OK"?

Cheers.

Originally posted by Lazarus18
It would be nice if it were open source, because then I'm sure we'd see changes made by the community to get tabbed browsing and all that in there.

Anyway, the only other thing it is seriously lacking is spellchecking support. It seems to do other services, not sure why that's missing.

It does have applespell service(spellchecking) look under edit menu... Please explore all the menu and preferneces and etc before you blurt anything! :D

Originally posted by xyle_one
I thought that if you used code under the GPL, you were required (By the GPL) to rerelease that code under the GPL, therefore making Safari openSource.

Again, that's what I said... And so it is for the KHTML rendering enginge. -- Despite, the rest of Safari has never been open source, but an exclusive production of Apple with their own license.

Back