safari quicktime plugin?

I came across this hint today that might help you.

The mentioned strings were not there, my QuickTime Video string has three extensions, just as in the good example, not five. I indeed did download new REALmedia, I'll try to delete that now, as just as you I never use it.

I did remove the REAL files and the problem stayed. And by the way on my iBook where the problem does not exist I do have the five QuickTime plug in extensions mentioned in the mailing as the wrong doers.

Just to finish this tread. I guess everybody has found out now, it was on several sites on the net. Just don't let QuickTime open flash files, that was all. Thanx for the help.

I have noticed this same issue since I installed the newest version of Quicktime. It seems that Quicktime cannot play Flash.
This is how I worked it out:
In System Preferences/Quicktime, under the Advanced Tab, I unchecked Enable Flash.
Then, clicked MIME Settings and disabled FlashPix (under Images - Still Image Files) and Flash Media (under Miscellaneous).

I hope that helps.

Nope. I just installed the latest QT update and turned off the settings above. Still get the ? mark when I try to view an iPhone infomercial on the Apple site.
iphony.png

I have the same problem since upgrading QT. Trying to watch a iPhone video on the Apple site I get this. I can view the video in Firefox.

Attachments

• iphony.png
    iphony.png
    312.5 KB · Views: 1
I have the same problem since upgrading QT. Trying to watch a iPhone video on the Apple site I get this. I can view the video in Firefox.

Well did you try the suggested instructions? I have also heard that reinstalling the Flash plugin might help.

Back