Safari Slowdowns: How To Stop Them?

sav2880

Registered
I'm working on a few different Mac computers, which admittedly have varying ranges of OSX on them (10.4.1 to 10.4.6), but all of them seem to have struggles sometimes loading web pages with Safari.

The typical problem, especially on Apple's own web site, is that the blue progress bar will get to about 50%, and then stop. If you hit the stop "x", then the page finishes a semi-load, but otherwise, never gets any further. It's as if Safari is hitting something on the page that it simply doesn't know how to handle, and I'm not sure how to resolve that.

Any ideas or suggestions as to places to start? I know the description is somewhat vague but hopefully it will stir memories of others having similar problems. :)

Thanks!

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I just spent an hour with the airport. Changed the "Density" changed the "Channel" and chose "Robustness" even though I get the warning....this may be worse, okay? It actually seemed to help for the first five pages or so.....I'm wondering if this is all just broadband oversold-ness in order to move ahead against Net Neutrality?

i experience slowdowns as well sometimes, and very often they're caused by external links on webpages, for instance to some stat-counter server.

but often it also help to just do apple+. (stop) and then apple+r (reload).
this is especially usefull when the page initially has a hard time loading..

Back