Safari temp files (again)

OrganLeroy

Registered
So: I'm trying to save a Quicktime movie that Safari is displaying in a web page. The web page is coded to NOT let me save the movie directly, so I want to copy it from the Safari cache/temp files. Opening my home directory to ~/Library/Caches/Safari, I find 15 sub-directories (numbered 00-15), each of which contains 15 sub-directories (numbered 00-15).

But it gets better: the directories don't seem to be sorted by date. Any subdirectory might hold a cache file from any particular time. So you can't just open subdirectory 15 of directory 15 to find your latest cache file.

I really hope I'm missing something here. Searching through 225 directories: not my idea of fun.

Unfortunately, Safari apparently renames every cache file as a series of numbers followed by ".cache", making any such search impossible.

What was Apple thinking with this?

Do a find (Apple - F), use the name as including .cache and add criteria for size of maybe more than 500 KB, a .mov is likely to be larger than that, so only large cache files will show up, and you may have only one choice (easy!), locate that file and Open With Quicktime Player, then save as .mov (if that's your choice). Good Luck

Back