Safari

nealt

Registered
There is no new window button in Safari. Does anyone know of an add on that will create such a button for the toolbar?

OK - File menu/New Window

Or, If you use tabs at all, right click on any tab to add a new tab

Or, right-click on a web link, and choose "Open Link in new window"

Maybe another 3 or 4 methods for "New Window"

I guess people are not getting the point. I know all these methods. They all require multiple clicks, pulldowns etc. The "open a new tab" button requires just one mouse click. Why not a button for "open a new window"?

Well if you got to the pull-down menu "View" and then "Customize Toolbar." You can add a new tab button, however there is no new window button, but tabs are much more convenient than windows.

If you are doing most of your browsing with a mouse a button is more convenient.

Odd.

This is a request by my daughter who finally switched from a PC to a Mac. On the PC she can just click on the Safari icon in the taskbar and get a new window. Not so on the Mac dock. To my shock she can have 20 windows open at one time.

I seem to remember there was an app that allowed similar behavior. Anyone remember it?

Is there a reason why she wouldn't want to have the same 20 pages open in 20 tabs? Browsing the tabs back and forth is less a hassle than having 20 pages with one tab only in use open, and it looks less cluttered too.

Is there a reason why she wouldn't want to have the same 20 pages open in 20 tabs? Browsing the tabs back and forth is less a hassle than having 20 pages with one tab only in use open, and it looks less cluttered too.
Clutter is one of the most minor of sins. Otherwise, my apartment will condemn me to Perdition. On a serious note, some of us have the ability to multi-task. You can have multiple windows open at once. However, you cannot have multiple tabs open at once.

Control + Mouse Click and choose new window... Please see attached image.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-17 at 20.24.27 .png
    Screen shot 2011-05-17 at 20.24.27 .png
    52.9 KB · Views: 3
Back