Same Old question to delete everything on mac!

Dopey

Registered
Or is it......?

Ive read a lot of topics that i have to press C at start up. That doesnt work for me.
Ive also read that i have push the option key at start up. That worked. Then I have to choose a language and i get the option to remove everything.
Allegedly there would me a menu bar. That is not coming up on my screen. So ive just clicked on the Disk to continue. The first time it installed Snow Leopard again without questioning me to remove anything. It just installed itself.

Then ive read a couple of topics again. I saw there should be a menu bar. So ive put the CD in again. Ive booted with the disc and sill no menu bar....

I seriously have no idea what i am doin wrong! Please guys! help me!

Thanx!

Boot to your OS X installer DVD again.
Continue past the screen where you select a language.
When you can choose the destination volume where you can install OS X - you will see the menus at the top of the screen.
Choose Disk Utility, which will be in the Utilities menu.
When Disk Utility opens, choose your hard drive, and click the Erase tab - and erase your hard drive....
When that completes (only takes a few seconds), Quit Disk Utility, and continue on with the OS X install. That will give you a completely fresh OS X install.

I just booted to my Snow Leopard installer to review:
First screen is to choose a language, so click the arrow button to continue.
Next screen has big letters "Install Mac OS X"
You will see the menubar on that screen, after the rest of the screen draws, so click on the Utilities menu, and there you go!

Last edited:
Back