Saving to a network drive

blybo

Registered
Hi guy's,
This may be a noobie question but when saving documents from Office for Mac for example we only get to choose the first "branch" or folder of a detailed path such as the user name, desktop or documents but no further. In windows you can drill down to exactly the sub folder you wish to save to. This isn't a major issue for me but others now using the mac are having issues as they have to save a file on the desktop for example and then drag it to the correct sub folder on network drive. The problem here is the possible creation of multiple copies of the same document rather than just overwriting the original.

I'm hoping there is something hidden in system preferences to enable us to do this...

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay I've now noticed a drop down button to the right of the save as field in the saving window which brings up the finder as we are used to using it in windows. That great but can you set this to open up by default when hitting save or save as?

You are WAY over thinking the problem. To use the target version of Save-As then try to use Save-As in the program you want to use and wait for the Save- As pop-up. Then click on that arrow button that is in the right top corner of the pop-up to expand that targeting window.

Back