Say no to Iams dog food.....

... Wow. I'm going to tell my mom to stop buying Iams cat food immediately.

One thing most people already know is to take anything PETA releases with a grain of salt. They have a long and bad track record of distorting the thruth to their own advantage.

When and if a real investigation can uncover something like this should be the question. If they've (IAMS) done stuff that shouldn't have been done, then they'll get their just deserts.

I agree with Peta being as harmful as beneficial.
Iams is supported by many vets and if you own a dog and look at the product content, it has one of the highest percentages of meat product in a dog food. And that is what makes it so good for dogs, having more meat than rice and grain with its higher fat content. But having more meat in the product is anti-Peta even if it's pro-dog.
Trust me, your dog wants steak and a permanent Atkins diet and Iams is very good for that, plus it's vitamin-fortified and can be tailor-made for a dogs' dietary needs. My pooch is a 12-year terrier a bit on the heavy side, so I get a special diet food that is still high in fat content while lower in doggie calories. And it's helped her and she eats it right up.
I'm a big dog lover and even my SO shops at places that arre pet friendly when it comes to make-up and whatnot.
Sorry, but until a respectable news outlet breaks the story (and if it were true, you'd be reading it in the news somewhere), I have to rank it as propaganda.

Hmm... guess I'll have to look into this more closely. I don't want to be supporting a company that puts its bottom line over the needs of its subjects, but if it's all hoopla then I don't want to be switching for nothing.

$5 says it's more hoopla than fact. Just wait and see what the FTC has to say about this so-called amateur Sinclair Lewis of the pet-food industry. However, in the meantime, if you have any questions, ask your vet for a recommendation about what to feed your pet.
Then I think Peta should be be worried less about pets (and I'm saying this even though I love dogs, moreso than most people I see on the street) and more about inhumane conditions at some factories and plants around the world.

Morrissey agrees...

morrissey72.jpg

Hmn...now this is the version I've seen of that pic...

Attachments

• morrissey.jpg
    morrissey.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 17
Well I don't know what to think. I emailed Iam's twice about the above Peta article asking them if it was true but they have never replied. The fact that they did not respond to my emails makes me think that the article may be true so I don't think I will buy Iam's anymore. Also the fact that Iam's is now being sold in supermarkets kinda of devalues them in my opinion.

They wouldn't respond either way on such a thing, regardless if it was true or not. The whole 'liability' and 'legal' thing there.

I emailed Iam's twice about the above Peta article asking them if it was true but they have never replied. The fact that they did not respond to my emails makes me think that the article may be true so I don't think I will buy Iam's anymore. Also the fact that Iam's is now being sold in supermarkets kinda of devalues them in my opinion.
As it was said above, Iams is a corporation and had already denied the claims and said it would look into any impropriety by third-party companies.
And how does it being sold in a supermarket devalue it? If anything, it makes a good pet product available to more people and at a lower price.
If Peta truly did an investigation, why take 10 months? 2 weeks should prove something? Why hasn't the Attorneys General of any state announced an investigation into such practices? Why hasn't the media in general been jumping on this bandwagon?
It still sounds like to me, some activist watched Legally Blonde 2 and decided to make some waves and try and scare gullible people to react rashly ("I'm going to stop buying Iams right away") without a clear, unbiased look at the facts.

My sister works at the SPCA and I can almost assure you that this
peta1.jpg
is not a cruelly-treated animal who hides anywhere.

Michael, since your sister works with SPCA (which is a great way to get a pet and I wish more people would), would she recommend Iams? What pet food would she recommend?

Back