Scary Mail problem

pedz

Registered
What I know is my Mail program on my Mac died instantly when I tried to start it. I rebooted and that didn't help. I could get to the mail servers via my iPad and I deleted about five pieces of junk mail that had come. The iPad doesn't have Rules (I guess) but the Mac does. That "solved" my problem on the Mac.

I changed my Mail settings yesterday. I changed a lot of things but one of them was how Junk mail is handled. It might be that I asked Mail to move my junk mail into a directory "All Junk" instead of a specific folder. That might have been the problem. I don't know. I changed it to move it to "Trash" on my Mac and see if the situation reoccurs.

By the way, I strongly suspect that when I sent money to my son via Western Union, I started getting much more junk mail. Loser beware!!!

Write down the email settings account info for severs because the fix will blow the settings away will fixing the problem! Go to your hard drive /Users/Your User Name/Library/ and delete the Preference for 'Mail Data folder away and then reboot! then upon getting program going again put back the email server settings yet again! lf you also if you sync will iCloud from now onto to the web site iCloud.com and setup the Mail Rules there to affect all your Mac device synced to iCloud! I leaned this a couple years ago and used that for every time a get a new Mac!

It looks like iCloud.com will only see the mail traffic from my iCloud.com address. I don't see a way to set up more IMAP connections. Is that correct or am I just not seeing it?

you want to get your Company email will using I VPN into your company seems like smart idea som others don't have access! Sooty but most online don't allow the with VPN connection!

In the process of trying to fix my issue, I did a lot of things. I disabled all of my Rules. I disabled all but on of my mail accounts. I changed how Junk mail is handled to be as simple as possible. I tried booting in Safe Mode. I tried rebuilding the mail boxes.

What finally seems to have fixed it is updating from 14.2.1 to 14.3.

Also look at your main menu item 'Window' and go to sub-ten 'Connection Doctor'' and if you want to see how it is communicating with Emil servers in action to see if you set them up correctly if there are any errors and you trace down the problem!

Back