screen capture

ron45

Registered
I must be doing something wrong in my searches. I never find the subject I search for even if I use quotes or and between the string elements. So I wold like to know how one does a capture of a screen from safari. I know this question has been asked often. There are lots of hits all containing capture or screen but not screen capture. Is it called something else?

Thanks

Ron

If you look in your Mac help, then search for screen capture, you'll see that one of the choices will show you a list of the shortcuts for the variety of screen captures possible in OS X. They are also made through the Grab utility (in your Applications/Utilities folder). If you open that Grab utility, you can look through the menus there. The shortcuts used vary slightly depending on which version of OS X that you have, so the Grab utility will show you exactly what keyboard shortcuts you need to use, and how to use them.

This question has been asked before by the same OP "http://macosx.com/forums/mac-os-x-system-mac-software/317228-fire-fox-question-2.html" And answered!

Last edited:
I must be doing something wrong in my searches. I never find the subject I search for even if I use quotes or and between the string elements. So I wold like to know how one does a capture of a screen from safari. I know this question has been asked often. There are lots of hits all containing capture or screen but not screen capture. Is it called something else?

Thanks

Ron

One more time...
Press 'Shift+Cmd+3' and bingo your screen capture picture is now on your Desktop, usually named 'Picture 1'
Shift+Cmd+4 allows you to select just a part of the screen.

Last edited:
You are welcome, and BTW,
there is a 'Thank You' button (lower right corner) for the express purpose of sending Thanks.

I noticed that button first day I posted. It's just me but, it's about the same level of involvment as a reply to all email compared to a hand writen note. I guess it's a geezer thing.

Ron

Back