Seeing MacWorld keynote in Australia?

Ceroc Addict

Registered
This is supposed to be a streaming event (the keynote at least)? - is it possible to actually see it live (preferably sitting in an Apple store) in Sydney, Australia?

Kap

Wow, how many Aussies do we have here, anyway? :)

I believe that the Keynote will be broadcast on QuickTime immediately after the presentation is complete. This means that those of us who are on the wrong side of the world to even consider attending are limited to either reading minute-by-minute reports on mac sites such as this, MacNN, MacMinute and so on (these are typed out on the fly by a reported in attendance and completely fail to work - Steve's infamous Reality Distortion Field just doesn't carry as well once its reduced to a few lines of text).
The other option is to bookmark the keynote broadcast, lock yourself into a steel box for the two hour duration of the keynote, and then try and watch it all without allowing yourself to be exposed to anybody who will tell you all about it. Also not the same, but it's what I will most likely be doing. ;-)

Im an Aussie !!

I really wish they would do a MacWorld in Australia one year, Preferbly Brisbane :p . I hope we get to see it live, or just an hour or so after wards. I will be defanitly watching it !! For a change im really looking forward to this years.

symphonix said:
The other option is to bookmark the keynote broadcast, lock yourself into a steel box for the two hour duration of the keynote, and then try and watch it all without allowing yourself to be exposed to anybody who will tell you all about it. Also not the same, but it's what I will most likely be doing. ;-)
How do you bookmark the broadcast?

Kap

P.S. Some Apple store in Sydney (Broadway?, Chatswood?) really should have an in-store event where people can come and watch the Quicktime broadcast via a projector immediately after it's available.

the stream of the MWSF keynote is usually _live_, i.e. you can watch it live on that stream, not just afterwards.

Well im a kiwi and its on live at 6.00am Jan 12 so for you aussies it will be at 8am I think. Lucky bastards that a perfect time

Wow, they're doing it live again this year? Fantastic! They haven't done that in a couple of years. I suspect this one is going to be a lot of fun.

That streaming business sucks severely,choppy picture & crappy sound. I'll wait a day or two then watch it after they've cleaned it up.

Back