Select specific tab in safari...

spacefiesta

Registered
I've decided to move from firefox to safari after discovering glims.
One thing that I often find myself doing (to no avail) is holding the command key and pressing a number to jump to a specific tab (tabs from left to right correspond to numbers on the keyboard). Is this feature available somewhere in safari under different hotkeys? I can't find it.
Thanks for any help!

i don't think so. the only way that i know of is by pressing command+shift+[ (previous tab) or command+shift+] (next tab) until you get to it.

Wow, jitouch looks very useful! Thanks for the link :)

edit:

Wow! jitouch is incredible! I, until very recently (;)), used multiclutch, but unfortunately it wouldn't work with certain commands I set up with safari because multiclutch can't work with 64bit apps. Thank you for showing me the perfect replacement! I cannot wait to become best friends with jitouch!

Last edited:
Perfect. Spacefiesta, any ideas for the other way around? It always irritates me in Firefox that I can't just command-something jump to the next tab on left or right. Is there a hidden shortcut for that somewhere or do I need some extension for that?

Perfect. Spacefiesta, any ideas for the other way around? It always irritates me in Firefox that I can't just command-something jump to the next tab on left or right. Is there a hidden shortcut for that somewhere or do I need some extension for that?

Are you asking how to cycle through tabs from left to right in firefox? it's

cmd-opt-left arrow/right arrow

For safari(now my main browser) I use jitouch to select tab above cursor gestures / previous&next tab gestures.

Firefox also cycles through tabs with control-tab and control-shift-tab. Easier to perform with a single left-hand motion, in my opinion.

Back