Sending attachments in .Mail

Phillips

Registered
I am running 10.4.11 with the mail program that is installed which is 2.1.3.
My daughter in college has a MacBook Pro Intel running 10.5.x and uses the college mail program (site).
Every attachment that I send her that as a jpg, she says downloads to her desk top as a .acs ( I believe) which she can't open to view. If she goes to a windows computer with the same college e-mail site she can view them.
Question: what can be done to send/receive these so they can be viewed as jps's on her computer?
Would send them as windows friendly attachments help?
I'm guessing that the e-mail site is probably set up for more windows friendly than Mac friendly.
Thanks

Did you go to Mail, Mail's menu item "Edit" and scroll down to "attachment and select "Always Send Windows-Friendly Attachments"?

No, the always send as windows was not check but it is an option when attaching. I was not sending them as windows friendly as she has a Mac Pro Intel.
That's why I asked if sending that way would help.

Every attachment that I send her that as a jpg, she says downloads to her desk top as a .acs ( I believe) which she can't open to view. ...
What kind of computer is your daughter using to access her email when she gets the .acs file extension?

At any rate, she will probably be OK is she just changes the file extension from .acs to .jpg.

Back