Sending Faxes in Snow Leopard

jwolf6589

Registered
These days to send a fax one need to PAY FOR a service which is not ideal for those only sending an occasional fax. Also I need to purchase a modem (which they do not make anymore) so I need to rely on ebay to get one. Also the software you can find pales in comparison to the faxing apps that were available for system 7-8 back in the day. When I had a iBook with Tiger I had FaxSTF pro and it was not as featured as the old Global Village Fax Center (from the old company Global Village) or the FaxSTF version from the Mac OS 8-9 days.

SL has a built in fax app but from what I see its very horrid compared to the older fax apps from the system 7-9 days such as Global Village fax Center, Fax STF, among others that have been forgotten by everyone except old timers.

Or are there other apps and online services I am not aware of?

John

These days to send a fax one need to PAY FOR a service which is not ideal for those only sending an occasional fax. Also I need to purchase a modem (which they do not make anymore) so I need to rely on ebay to get one. Also the software you can find pales in comparison to the faxing apps that were available for system 7-8 back in the day. When I had a iBook with Tiger I had FaxSTF pro and it was not as featured as the old Global Village Fax Center (from the old company Global Village) or the FaxSTF version from the Mac OS 8-9 days.

SL has a built in fax app but from what I see its very horrid compared to the older fax apps from the system 7-9 days such as Global Village fax Center, Fax STF, among others that have been forgotten by everyone except old timers.

Or are there other apps and online services I am not aware of?

John
I've used this for years. $24(I think) a year. Honestly weighing how much I really need a fax number anymore. NExt business card design will not likely include it.

http://www.maxemail.com/max/comp.html

Back