Setting up my home network

rickd1010

Registered
Hey All!!!!!
I am in the process of setting up an ethernet network between the 2 systems in my house. The are both G4's, one a 2002 IMac and the other a 2002 G4 Quicksilver. We are using a Belkin G ethernet router. So far, I have been able to download files from one system to the other, but there were some things that were not transferable due to "not having permissions" to do that. Since the prompt said to contact the admin, I am wondering how to set it up so that I am the admin. We have an Epson Photo Stylus 820 Printer that is connected to only one of the systems and I'm wondering if it is possible to use the ethernet connection to share that so we both have access? I also have a scanner that I would like to be able to share as well.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thnx,
Rick

You will find it's easiest to do sharing when you have an identical user/password on each machine. For setting up sharing permissions, get the software SharePoints, available on versiontracker.com.

For guides on how to do print and file sharing, look here:
http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/

I don't have scanner sharing working, so can't help. You should read about SANE and TWAIN (scanner interfaces) on the web for help.

Back