Sharing files from PC to Mac

ranias

Registered
Hi there,
this used to work on my ibook in the past, and stopped all of a sudden..
I would like to be able to connect to a shared folder on my Win XP from my ibook that's running Mac OS x 10.2.8
right now, when I go to finder, and select the specific server, and workgroup..etc...I get the login prompt, I enter my credintials, and I get an error -5023...
any reason why?
thoughts?

on my PC, I did share the folder and permissions are set..

thanks!

Try connecting with the following (do a Command-K in the Finder, or select "Go > Connect to Server" from the menu:

smb://ip-address-of-Windows-machine/name-of-shared-folder

Your account on your Macintosh computer has nothing to do with the login credentials on the Windows XP machine.

You need to connect to the Windows XP machine from your Macintosh using a username and password that is present on the Windows XP machine.

that is so weird, now that I tried a win XP user it work...which makes total sense, the part that always confused me was the fact that I always entered my MAC user, and it worked before...!! I wonder if the Win XP machine had anonymous access allowed before..
oh well...now I know...
thanks for ur help!
:)

If your Mac user account and Windows user account had the same username and passoword, it would appear to work -- but you're still using the Windows credentials to log into the Windows machine...

Glad to hear it's working again!

Back