Sharing internet with ps2

Johnny Blaze

Big Baby Jesus
My brother is in town with his ibook g4 and we are trying to use the ethernet port in it to connect to the ps2 to play battlefront II online. My ps2 is on another level than the wireless router, so I cannot plug it into there and I don't want to buy one of those wifi game cards. Basically, I just want to share the wifi connection that the ibook picks up with the ps2. I found one website that said how to do it, but the instructions were vague and I couldn't get it done. If someone could give me detailed instructions on how to do this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

As far as I know, it should be as easy as plugging the PS2 into the ethernet port, then configuring the iBook for Internet Sharing (System Preferences > Sharing > "Internet" pane).

Configure it so that "Share you connection from:" is set to the AirPort on the iBook, then set "To computers using:" to "Built-in Ethernet". Then, simply configure the PS2 to point to the iBook's IP address and it should be good to go.

I've tried everything...googled for hours....confirguring...NOTHING....i can't get it to work...and i guess I have to resort to buying an adapter :(....I get the connection to test successfully ....when i login to play online....nothing happens and I've gotten to different steps...with different configurations....cant get online for the love of god....why is it so hard!!!

btw have linksys wrt54g router...and macbook ...if anyone finds something....please let us know

Back