Sharing iTunes files via iCommune

Well, looks like Apple's gone and squashed this (for now, at least). From the iCommune website:

1/15/03
Uh oh... I just received a "Notice of Breach and Termination of License" letter from Apple, stating that I violated my license to the Device Plug-in API which iCommune uses. For the time being, I'm making the download unavailable, while I try to sort things out with Apple. Sorry about this folks. Any good lawyers in the house?

Can't say I'm terribly surprised, but I am disappointed that Apple would do this....

I had downloaded it previously and just got around to installing it since I heard apple was squashing it.

I can get it so that I can pull it up on my web browser with and without the . from local. but none of my songs come up in Network pane. I've set permissions to read-only. My firewall is a router I have that separates my network from the internet. Web Sharing is of course running.

Any ideas?

Oddly, I cannot edit the URL field when adding a new server; I can add the Name which is a bit puzzling.

About the index.html, this should be a pretty much given if you want some level of file security, especially since directory browsing is enabled by default on the user.conf files:

Options Indexes MultiViews

Cheers.

Originally posted by lipbone
Well, I actually couldn't find the local URL until I removed that second period. So something odd is happening.

I've also been successful going one way. But for whatever reason, I cannot get my powerbook to transmit.

That tip about the index.html is most excellent.

Originally posted by legacyb4
Oddly, I cannot edit the URL field when adding a new server; I can add the Name which is a bit puzzling.

I had the same problem on my Powerbook. After I found that I had only 10.2 on there. After upgrading to 10.2.3 it worked fine. I could then edit the URL field too.

Back