Sherlock

evildan

Super Moderator
I really like using Sherlock to look up movies. Madison, where I'm from, used to have some great movie listings, but they all are pretty difficult to find online now.

Sherlock was a quick way to cut through it all and find just what I was looking for, in a simple UI.

Now, my problem with Sherlock, is that it's extremely slooooooow. Loading preview movie clips slows the responsiveness down to a standstill most of the time. Misclicks create issues of loading the incorrect movie clip.

I realize this is all tied into online services, my question is, does anyone know of a way to turn off the preview movie clip until I want it? I'm frustrated with it to the point I would rather not use it at all... I've taken to actually (gasp) reading the newspaper because it's faster. For someone who's online most of the day, that's absurd.

I'm not really interested in looking at other websites, as I use Sherlock for other things too... like looking up business numbers, etc... It's just easier for me to look to Sherlock for that sort of thing.

Any thoughts?

Watson is much faster. It was way FIRST (by almost a year) in that kind of service.

good point... and I seem to remember it having a preview on / off option. Problem is that it's not free... like Sherlock.

Back