Shortkey to open external disk drive?

Essex

Registered
Hey folks, does anybody know if it's possible to set up a shortkey to open an external dvd writer? I'm on a G4 imac and have stopped using the internal drive in favour a much better writer that I have connected externally instead.

Thanks for the help!

-Essex

I have an external disc burner. I want to use iDVD to burn my projects, but i don't know if it can burn using the external burner. If it can, can somebody explain to me how to do it? Thank you so much!:eek: :eek:
From,
:confused:

hot key for external drive, i don't know of any.
burning to external drive in idvd, if you mac doen't have a dvd burner built in, but idvd sees and a dvd burner, then it is using the external one. as far as selecting another drive, i only have one and so don't know how to make it switch. and next time, please start your own thread, instead of hijacking another.

Go here:

System > Library > CoreServices > Menu Extras

Then double-click the "Eject.menu" file. An eject menu will appear in your menubar and will let you choose which optical drive to open.

Not exactly a hotkey, but it works.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
Go here:

System > Library > CoreServices > Menu Extras

Then double-click the "Eject.menu" file. An eject menu will appear in your menubar and will let you choose which optical drive to open.

Not exactly a hotkey, but it works.

Thanks, great tip!

Back