Should I Do It?

Should I be mini-branded?

• Yes, it will fade.

• No, don't be stupid.

• Why do you want to be a shoe brand?

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's probably a good thing. I would expect that'd be the final result (a final, big shed of the remaining scab) whenever the healing was more-or-less done.

If you have no other signs of infection at this point, you're probably home free. The skin underneath may still be tender for a while, and more sensitive to hot & cold than your other skin, but otherwise ok.

Just don't get it sunburned or anything for a while. ;-)

I did some pretty stupid things when I was young too because i thought they were "cool": you live, you learn.
Pain is a great teacher, I bet you feel wiser already ... :D ;)
Enjoy your brand while it lasts ... and try china ink next time!

Sorry for the crummy photo, this was taken on my Zire71 in school. But yea, that's what it looks like. And you can even see part of the rash the bandaids left me.

Attachments

• Set45_01.jpg
    Set45_01.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 16
I'll mention one last time that I'm no doctor -- but it looks to me like you're all set. The last of the burned tissue is gone, and you have real skin underneath. It'll be tenderer than the surrounding skin for a while, but in a week or two it'll feel just like the rest.

A big danger with burns is that, during the healing, you basically have a chunk of cooked meat on your body. And you know what happens to cooked meat when it's left sitting out...

So you have to keep it from becoming a bacteria farm until you've healed. It appears you've succeeded at that -- now you have new skin, once more under the protection of your immune system, and the cooked stuff is gone. So, you're out of the woods.

Says you! :)
Actually I couldn't have gotten away with it without you, so thanks for all your help.

This thing (my current branding) has gotten me a lot of attention. All of it good so far.
Don't ask:

thenew.jpg

Oh no... for the love of God, Trip, don't do it again! Surely once was enough to talk you out of it, I would hope?

As for that barcode thing... apparently a 5'10", 110-lb 18-year-old male in the US is worth $9.17. Wow, I feel speshul.

As George Carlin once said, improving low self-esteem through personal mutiliation should always be supported, as long as it's someone else. :)

Haha, that's an awesome saying. After I finished creating the star (for a friend!) I decided it looked extremely cool, and I'm tempted to use it. But I probably won't. And I also tried to talk her out of it too, but I won't know the success of my efforts until Tuesday.

Back