signature in Entourage

romanmongin

Registered
Hi everyone !

I created my signature in Entourage. In this signature I have the address of my website as a link. If I send an email with this signature from Entourage to iMail, the website's link works. But if I send an email with this signature from Entourage to outlook on a PC, the website's link doesn't work anymore...

Tricky isn't it... ? Is there anything I can do to fix that, or is it an inevitable conflict between MAC and WINDOWS... ?

Thank you very much !

Roman

I've tried having the google email send my signature to my email account in entourage. Then I copied the text and pasted it in as my signature.

works like a charm.

let me know if this works.

Well Microsoft says that it is not possible if you send mails from Entourage to Entourage/Outlook, but there are some scripts available that are effective. These days Im researching on this itself and will respond as soon as I get the solution.
Earlier when I received a mail I was not able to see the links as they should be, bu after installing one script it shows up like a link, now lemi get another one to send mails with link.
iMail is really really a smart application that Apple has designed, it automatically recognizes the links and displays it as you want.
------------
Laeeq Humam
http://winandmac.blogspot.com

You cannot guarantee that the link will be "clickable" on the recipient's end, no matter what you do.

The reason is that the formatting of the message is determined by the recipient, not the sender (i.e., you). For example, I, along with many other people, have their email clients set up to display messages as plain text. This means that if you add colors, formatting (bold, italic, etc.), pictures or anything other than, well, plain text, I won't see it. Your message will appear as black text on a white background, no matter how much finagling you try and do with the message.

In order for the link to be clickable on the recipient's end, you must compose an HTML-formatted email, and your recipient(s) must be set up to view HTML emails -- many people are not set up that way.

Some clients, like Apple's Mail, auto-sense email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, etc., and apply auto-formatting to them -- making the links clickable. This has nothing to do with the message itself as you send it -- it is the email client (in this case, Apple Mail) on the recipient's end parsing the message and adding the "clickability."

Your best bet would be to compose your email as plainly as possible -- skip bolding, colors, HTML elements, etc. Good, old-fashioned text is what email was originally intended for. If you must add colors, font styles, HTML, background pictures, etc., be aware that what you send may not be what the recipient(s) see -- and there's not much you can do about that.

Back