SIMBL Plugin errors with Safari (Tiger 10.4.3)

SIMBL is plugin enabler used by many popular modules (most notably PithHelmet) to modify and extend various applications.

Yep, it is Safari plugin third party plugins. The SIMBL folder is in you User Library. Just delete it and then wait for those third party developers update their plugins so you can reinstall them.

Satcomer said:
...Just delete it and then wait for those third party developers update their plugins so you can reinstall them.

Delete the whole folder?!

Is this what I really need to do? Since I have no idea what actual plugins are causing the conflicts, I can't go in manually and delete the ones that are causing problems. This is odd, very odd.

UPDATE:
Found em!

I was being an idiot and was looking in the wrong plug-in folder.
You want to look here: Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/
And delete whatever is causing the problem.

PithHelmet broken, fix It appears that PithHelmet, the content filtering/add-on tool for Safari is once again broken under Mac OS X 10.4.3. Until the developer updates the software, a poster to VersionTracker's discussion boards has found a workaround:

Close Safari.
Navigate to /Library/Application Support/SIMBL/PithHelmet.bundle.
Open bundle and go to Contents.
Open info.plist - You can use either Property List Editor or TextEdit.
Locate BundleIdentifier for com.apple.Safari.
Change BOTH MaxBundleVersion AND MinBundleVersion to 416.12.
Save and relaunch Safari.

bobw said:
PithHelmet broken, fix It appears that PithHelmet, the content filtering/add-on tool for Safari is once again broken under Mac OS X 10.4.3. Until the developer updates the software, a poster to VersionTracker's discussion boards has found a workaround:

Close Safari.
Navigate to /Library/Application Support/SIMBL/PithHelmet.bundle.
Open bundle and go to Contents.
Open info.plist - You can use either Property List Editor or TextEdit.
Locate BundleIdentifier for com.apple.Safari.
Change BOTH MaxBundleVersion AND MinBundleVersion to 416.12.
Save and relaunch Safari.
Cool! Thanks for the tip. It seems to be working fine for me.

Back