Simbl

cgm707

Registered
Whenever I start Safari, I receive the attached error message. I HAVE deleted all SIMBL files that I could find, and deleted the ForgetMeNot plug-in some time ago.

I was wondering if there is any other solution without having to reinstall Safari?

Thanks for any help.

I use a Macbook.

Attachments

• safari error1.png
    safari error1.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 6
Try Safari, to see if you still get that error.

You would be looking for the forgetmenot plug-in, and not just for a SIMBL folder (which would not be the same as a file). Look in the main Library/Application Support folder - then in the same Application Support folder in your own home folder. Also check for ForgetMeNot in both those Library folders, in the Internet Plug-ins folders.
This could be a caching issue, so remove any Safari folders in the Caches folder - again in both Library folders. Be sure to quit Safari before deleting those cache folders.

Ah, I didn't realize there were two Library areas. Found the ForgetMeNot plug-in bundle under SIMBL, deleted it, restarted Safari, and voila! Thanks very much for the help.

An excellent app (free) is 'EasyFind'. It will find all instances, both visible and invisible, and allow you to delete right from the app.

Back