Site Check - herefishey

Looks nice twister!

The only thing I noticed (Safari) was that the nav rollovers (fish ? faq ? contact us ?_fish net) are blank for a second or two before it loads the white image version. My connection's a bit loaded now though, which probably isn't helping :p

If you wanted to be super super cool you could try pre-loading the rollovers, but that's only a small suggestion for an otherwise great looking site!

One trick to pre-loading images is to stick them on a page (splash page if you have one, index otherwise) scaled to 1x1. Then they're loaded at page open, before the rollover asks for them.

i think i can do a pre-load in the body tag with onLoad. I'll look into it.

Thanks for all the feedback. And if anyone has more keep it coming.

But just so you all know the project has been turned in for now. I'll continue to update it but i might take a week or two off from working on it. Just time to relax. ;)

I have some code that will preload images, and it's very simple code... it's Javascript, though, so I don't know if you want to use it. If you want it, I'll look for it.

A few suggestions:
  • I like the layout and the color scheme is very appropriate. However, on my monitor at 1152x870, there are 2 large portions of white space on either side. I would suggest that you make the background the same color as your main table at the minimum; more than that, you could make the thing scalable to window size.
  • If you want to keep consistency, you should relabel the buttons in the fish net to something like "Update net," "Reel in," and "Empty net." Also, if you could make them blue like the rest of the site, that would enhance the look.
  • I think you should add a checkmark next to each of the "Add to fish net" links on the "fish" page so people can add multiple fish at once.
That's pretty much it for now. I like the look of your site: very clean, holds true to KISS. The rounded corners give it a comfortable feel. Excellent job.

I'll take the pre-load script if you have it handy. Otherwise i'll just look for one.

Humm. The white space has been mentioned by one of my teachers but I don't think i want a color there. I could try some things though.

I will change my buttons to fishnet instead of cart but i haven't gotten to it yet. ;)

Back