Skype on Macmini

Paul C

Registered
I've installed Skype on my macmini but I can't find where to plug in a mic, the only phono jack on the back of my macmini is for a speakers/headphones and I correct in saying that I can't connect a mic??

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Can't find a decent USB Mic anywhere, would a webcam (with builtin mic) work? if so which would you recommend as I can't afford an isight at the moment.

If you go into the sound prefences you should be able to change the phono to a Mic input, but you will loose headphone/speaker output though. I'm pretty sure that would be the case without any external attatchments

sirstaunch said:
If you go into the sound prefences you should be able to change the phono to a Mic input, but you will loose headphone/speaker output though. I'm pretty sure that would be the case without any external attatchments

Care to elaborate?
I've never seen such a setting.

According to my experience the cheapest and working sollution was Mustek Wcam 300A - this USB cam under 20 Euro was working as microphone in all apps but not recognized as videocam despite of use of 3rd-party drivers. And no hope in support :(

Back