Sleep light

nickiles

Registered
This is kind of an unsual question, but never mind!

I love the gently pulsing green light on my iMacs screen when I send it to sleep, but as the Mac is currently in my room, its doing a very good job of stopping ME sleeping! Is there anyway of sending the mac to sleep without getting the light?

The pulse is the indication that you get when the iMac is asleep, if no pulsing, then it's not asleep, you can always set energy saver pane to turn display off after a specific time, or use the black screensaver......but then your system won't be sleeping. So tape a piece of card over the power button as a sort of flap (but the pulse glows through a wide area in your iMac, as you have seen. :)

I suffer the same problem with my Quicksilver Pro tower. The light is much brighter when pulsing than when constant! I have to cover my machine with a jacket so i can sleep! and don't even get me started with the fan noise... Thank god it isn't one of the later "Wind Tunnel" Towers!!

You might look to see if you can unplug the light- the machine would still go to sleep and function normally.

I unplugged the sleep light in my iBook. I'll plug it back in if I ever find a hack that lets me do it with software instead of hardware...

Back