Slideshow Convert?

carrie640

Registered
I came across a CD-R that I created in 2005 on a Windows machine. It is a slideshow but I cannot for ANYTHING recall what I used to create it. I was able to play it on a DVD player, though. Now, I am trying to figure out a way to play it PERIOD. In days of a digital world, we don't even have a DVD player any longer. When I put the CD-R in my Macbook (late 2011), these are the folders that come up. There is nothing in the CDI folder and .dat and .vcd files in the others. I am wondering if there is anyway at all I can play this on my Mac or convert it in some way to be playable on it? Thanks in advance! Slideshow copy.jpg

I've tried VLC, too. No matter what file I drop and drag to it, it says it says it cannot get a codec or something to that extent. :(

I came across a CD-R that I created in 2005 on a Windows machine. It is a slideshow but I cannot for ANYTHING recall what I used to create it. I was able to play it on a DVD player, though. Now, I am trying to figure out a way to play it PERIOD. In days of a digital world, we don't even have a DVD player any longer. When I put the CD-R in my Macbook (late 2011), these are the folders that come up. There is nothing in the CDI folder and .dat and .vcd files in the others. I am wondering if there is anyway at all I can play this on my Mac or convert it in some way to be playable on it? Thanks in advance! View attachment 8859
What are the file extensions/formats of the files from the folders? There are certain file formats that can be read by VLC to make sure that they are "playable".

What you have created is called a "Video CD." Video CDs were compatible with many brands of DVDs back in their day. That is why it was able to play on your DVD player. I'm surprised you did not find how to play the media in VLC. Below is the documentation provided in VLC's help file:
(it could be that your media is corrupt, but I believe VLC needs to know before scanning the media that it is a VideoCD.)

Many CD burning applications were able to create VideoCDs, "Nero" of course being my favorite and one of the first if I recall.

Attachments

• ScreenCap.jpg
    ScreenCap.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back