Slideshow like the screensaver - PLEASE?

Joana

Registered
Hey, guys, I have a question:

You know the 'Pictures Folder' screensaver, right? Well, I love that zooming effect, and I what I really wanted was to save that as a .mov so that I could put it in a DVD (let's face it: that screensaver makes a much more interesting slideshow than if it was just one picture after the other).

I know that I could manually create the same effect in Final Cut, but the thing is I have over 2000 photos, so you see why I'd want to automate the process...I don't know, maybe there's a plugin for that, who knows!

First I tried to capture the screen with softwares like Screentool, but the result was not good enough :(

Then I tried looking for some slideshow program that would have these features, but, again, I couldn't find anything. I know that iPhoto can export a slideshow as a .mov, but the pictures are static, and that's what I don't want.

So I decided to post a thread here, as a last resource, hoping - really hoping - that someone might have an answer for me. So if anybody know a Final Cut Plugin, a Screen Capture tool or ANYTHING ELSE that might produce a .mov just like the pictures screensaver, I would be eternally grateful... :)

Thanks a LOT,
Joana

Hi Joana,

Have you tried to use iMovie? You can use all your photos (iPhoto collection etc) in there. So just decide the lenght of each slide, the standard transition, and choose all pictures .. maybe you'll like to order them too a bit, just drag the pictures to where you want, and add maybe some music to the background (to make it even better)? iMovie can do that. Use special effects where you feel like, and then just click on the iDVD button down on iMovie. To use the least amount of time editing, and if you like random/actual order of the pictures, just first choose the lenght of a slide/picture (lets say 4 or 5 seconds could probably be fine?), and the standard transition method, and then just choose all slides.

PS. Uncheck the Ken Burns-Effect of all slides if you are in a hurry. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds to calculate the and render the effect to one slide, and you say you have 2000 photos...

.. hm, I normally have the screensaver set to none. Yes, it's that pan and zoom. So choose that. It'll probably take just forever to calculate, so if you can, leave the iMovie calculating that when you don't need all your processor power for other apps.

The latest version of iMovie will do what you want. Simply select all your photos and drag them into iMovie (it will probably take a while to import that many photos) and the "zooming/KenBurns effect" will be automatic.

Thanks, guys, for all your help!

I actually had a REALLY old version of iMovie, so of course I had no idea about this Ken Burns effect, but I already downloaded an update and I'll get right on that!

You guys were awesome!

Actually : Still Life is the best try that sw you ll be amazed.(Its like KB effect on steroids)
Its cheap and very good also a tiral version is avaible you can easily download it its around 3.5 mb.

Back