Slow/Crashes MacBook Pro 15" 2010

darkew

Registered
Hi everyone,

I own a MacBook Pro 15" Mid-2010.

It has been acting very slow and crashing some apps from time to time, which is very unusual for a Mac. This has been happening before I upgraded to Lion.

The two applications that seem to crash all the time are MSN Messenger and Adium (IM too). Skype crashes every time I close it.

I'm sort of a newbie, but after reading in a forum, what I did was:

-Boot holding Command+P+R three times
-Boot using Command+S
-Boot in safe mode and run the diskutil in the terminal.

I'm not sure this is hard disk related or something. I'm considering reformatting and resintalling from a Time Machine backup, but I'm not sure any problems will come back with it, or if it's the best solution.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Download the program Yasu and run all the routines. Make sure you let the program reboot you Mac. Then after the program reboots your Mac immediately manually reboot again and this will completely rebuild your shutdown/startup system cache.

IMHO these cleaning routine should be done about once every 3 to 4 months. This will keep OS X run lean and clean and it will almost like new.

Also for application updating (to stay up on bug fixes) use the free program AppFresh. This might help with the programs crashing by getting all the updates for the programs.

Back