So, How do you connect now?

pds

Registered
WooT! DSL and it works great. They finally got it here near the house (2km loop) and it is like fire. It's only 512/256 and it's a bit expensive ($50/month - in Egypt) but after years at 56k dialup on lousy phonelines, I like it.

We had a poll on this before, but I couldn't find it and anyway lots of new faces ( :( misses the old faces). So, How do you connect?

The DSL here is IPoA. I was worried when the wintech guy came to set it up and couldn't figure out the configuration. He was on the eMac, so I plugged in the iBook, put in the IP and started cruisin'. Very sweet.

640 kbps / 256 Kbps DSL... I miss my 3 Mbit / 256 K cable (although it was a bit pricy at 60 USD per month)

Wow, you have fast uploads. 1024/196 here. Paying around $32 to my ISP and $11 for the DSL line (phone company). No transfer limit and no time limit :D

Sheesh, and I thought my deal was bad before. Now I KNOW it is bad. I'm paying $30/month for dial up. 26,400 kbps dial up. V34 protocol- not even V90 or V92 56K. Ugh, the costs of being in the middle of nowhere :)

well at least switch to something like People PC or net zero for $10 a month

256 kbs / 128 kbs aDSL ?$35

JetwingX said:
well at least switch to something like People PC or net zero for $10 a month

Don't I wish. Not available in my area (Delta Junction, AK) just like every other ISP except for the pathetic one I have :( But now I'm just whining, so I'll shut up ;)

macavenger said:
Don't I wish. Not available in my area (Delta Junction, AK) just like every other ISP except for the pathetic one I have :( But now I'm just whining, so I'll shut up ;)
**feels pain**
Not the middle of nowhere, the border between nowhere and oblivion. :D

Well, recalculated the exchange rate and it is $60 for my service. I pay extra for fixed ip's but I'm not sure it's really necessary. I pay in local currency, so it's doable.

Right now I'm at single line ISDN in Tunisia. It's slow and censored:)D!), but it works and it's free where I stay.
1700/512 Kib/s at home in Norway for $70/month.

O man i hate this! I travel frequently between Pakistan and UAE, and have residences in both. In pakistan, 512/256 is abt 6000Rs/month, which is 100USD a month!!!!!!! DAMN! Too expensive!, so i use dial-up :p
In AbuDhabi (UAE) 512/256 is about 52USD, although these days its 25USD on promotion! I have Cable in UAE and dialup in pakistan!

Back