So how many of you have switched?

Are you a "switcher?"

• Yep, switched from PC (or other) to Mac.

• I'm thinking about switching but haven't yet.

• I use both daily.

• Switched from Mac to PC. (Please tell why!)

• I'm Herve. French toast, please!

Results are only viewable after voting.
The first computer I ever used was an Apple ][g in Junior High.
In High School we had IBM's running DOS or Macs (some color, some not). The macs ruled, and DOS sucks, so I decided I'd never buy any computer but a mac.
I didn't buy my own computer till 99. By then I was really good at windows (because of work) and very comfortable with it.
But I bought a Strawberry iMac. LOVED IT! Still do. I'll never get rid of it. Right now it's running OS 9 with all my games (bugdom and rubicon). In 01 I bought a graphite 600meg iMac. I love it too. Now I have the new 12inch pb. I REALLY love it. :D
Now I want a big enough desk for all three.

Now I want a big enough desk for all three.

I can rid you of that need. Send me the powerbook... :D

I had a Performa 6200 up until the summer of 2000. I then purchased a PC. I had it for about a month or two, and it went right back to the store, because even without a mac I still went by the mac sites. I can't remember much about those days, but I do recall that even chatting in AOL (my favorite pasttime then) was not fun anymore. I returned the PC (faulty monitor) and got me an iMac DV 400... didn't regret it.

After spending $$$$$ on Sun Workstation most I had at home was 10, forced to work with linux and windows at work, finally I found piece of mind, and can never see myself purchasing poorly made products ever ever again, thanks Apple, thanks to the 2 Steves who start this wonderful computer world

switched to mac the second X beta came out. i was in love. i'm happy to say i have only used OS 9 like... once. well, on a mac that i own, that is. my mom had 9 on her mac. i hated it. hate hate hate.

When I was a real baby I played games on C64, but "Load, Run, etc" was too hard for me :b So we got a performa 6400 with a 15" color monitor! I was in heaven. I had oregon trail, amazon trail and all the games. It was the first computer Ive really used and since then I haven't toutched a pc for more then 20 minutes.

ill die before i go back to pcs

When either thing comes, can I keep your mac? :rolleyes:

My love for Macs has its negatives. I spend so much time discussing Macs that I don't put sufficient time into other things.... i.e. school. Like right now, it has taken me the whole day to write one page for school.... yet I've probably increased my post count by 20 just today.

switched last october and i absolutely love my ibook :D

plus it works well with school and bringing projects to the computers, since we have two rooms full of imacs (steve wozniak's son attends my school....hehe) very nice of him for the donations :)

MCSE Switched from pc to mac... Just to create movies..

PowerBook G4 1gig
1gig mem
60gig
dvd-r
Mac OS X 10.2.3

newbie question...

What is the G4 1gig match up to with intel??

i use a mac for all home things and i use my iBook at work. however, in the lab i work in, it is all PC except for an old Mac PPC running OS 8. so im forced to use both

Started using Apple IIe when I was a kid, followed by a Mac SE, then Performa, then Powermac 5500 then G3 beige. I actually won a PC at college, an IBM aptiva, not a bad machine, but windows drove me crazy, swiped the drive for linux, and finally bought a powermac 400, now on powermac 867. I never switched but temporarily went off course.

Originally posted by MikeXpop
Does the job of digital video editing? Graphics manipulation? Calculating pi? I don't think so...

Besides, I already have my mac, so it's all good.

What? You're using the same processor, your video card is just different. My friend is still using 8.6 on his Power Mac and can do all those things listed above.:eek:

I have used a mac since as early as I could use a mouse ;) My dad bought a Mac 128k, so that's what I first used. The first mac I owned was a B&W G3. I now own a PowerBook G4, as well. So I haven't switched, but I have helped convince quite a few students at my college to switch.

-JARinteractive

Like a few that I've seen in this thread, I've used Macs since I was a wee lad. but then things turned dark and my parents came home with a pc one day. (dunh, dunh, dunhhhhh!)
Since I've been a PC sys admin and network admin (course I've been up to my ears in UNix at the same time...) So with the release of OS X my interest was renewed in a big way. (plus my wife has an original imac, and my dad in law is the biggest mac freak I've ever known!)

So now, as of a couple days ago, I ordered my brand spankin new 17" pb. I'm so giddy that the next 4 weeks (until I get it) can't possibly pass fast enough.
Ah well, that'll give me plenty of time to bone up on all the shortcuts and tricks/tips to using os x so that I can dive right in.

glad to be back!!

"Uncle John" Engler (Michigan's governor) bought computers for all classroom teachers who cared to sign up in Michigan. I signed up and selected a brand new iceBook 500. Like a fish hook. . .

In December, I saved my pennies and bought an iMac 17", the most amazing computer I've ever used. . .

I sold my PC just after Christmas. . . no need for it. Using it made me sick anyway.

Now, if I could just get broadband in my area.

Peace.

Doug

BTW, I like OS 9. It's still better than Windows. Of course, OS X is the way to go.

I switched when X came out. I use my own Mac at work when I can (Apache/Tomcat/JSP/Netbeans - Java developer) and some bland Wintel box when I can't (Active Server Pages), I can't wait for the next JSP project!!
Girlie 'switched' because she liked the smiley face when you turn it on?

I switched in Feb, 2003. The powerbook is great. Although now Centrino hardware is beating xBooks in both battery life and performance, they still run windows, which was my main reason for switching.

Before that I used a win95 computer from 1995-1999, then switched to linux, then switched to XP, which was a big mistake (none of my hardware worked out of the box, only after several XP updates). I'm now committed for MacOSX for my personal computing, although I still use a Win2k notebook at work.

I'm switching tomorrow! I'm picking up my QS02. 800MHz =) Will it run OS X Jaguar well? Should I consider upgrading the ram from 256 to ~1GB?

I have been a PC user for around 10 years. I sold my P4 on Friday! =) OS X here I come!

Regards,

Trevor

yes! 256Mb isn't really very much for OS X, i have 768Mb, and am thinking of maxing out my cube to 1.5Gb shortly ... enjoy your PowerMac tho :)

NeYo

Back