software update 10.4.2

iguy1

Registered
it just stopped working- at about the same time 10.4.3 was placed on the apple site. I repaired permissions, disk utility, disc warrior, preferential treatment, macjanitor and trashed the corresponding plist- all without success. Has anyone found a way to get software update working again without going to 10.4.3? It was working great for years... I miss its convenience.

Mike

What exactly is not working about it? Does it not launch at all? Does it launch but then throw an error? Does it launch but not connect to Apple's site? Does it seem to work correctly but not find any software to update?

Please elaborate. "Software Update stopped working" is not enough information to diagnose the problem.

software update opens- consistently goes 3/4 of the way of the progress bar and then quits.

Mike

didn't help-but thanks ( I had tried that already)- any ideas on why it might suddenly quit? other postings report exactly the same phenomenon and once again I truly feel it corresponds to 10.4.3 being placed on the apple site for update/download-- oh, by the way I am hesitant to put 10.4.3 on my Imac- many postings suggest there are some problems- maybe I should not be so gun shy....

Mike

All of a sudden a few minutes ago after I was directed to run swupdate by Techtool (said my version was out of date for the system sw I was using when I opened it to work on a Jump drive with problems), I had problems that sound similar to yours but I am already using 10.4.3. I have used SWUpdt with this OS without problem several times until now.

It launches and then stops with a dialog box telling me that I have a network problem (error code -1005). ?? since I am connected to the net just fine as far as I can see, and when I click for "network diagnostics", nothing is found wrong.

Running on a PB G4 1.67ghz.

:( big time!

Jim

Back