Software Update not working?

Silock@CSi

Registered
I'm still running 10.2. I reinstalled the system (bad idea to begin with) while I was . . . not in the right state of mind. Now, software update fails to connect whenever I try to update the system. I've tried downloading the 10.2.8 combo, but it failed to install as well.

Is it just me?

Try re-reinstalling your system in the right state of mind this time, then download the combo updater from Apple's website.

Or upgrade to Panther...

I did both of those things, and it still doesn't work. I can't upgrade to Panther at the moment -- not enough money. Any other ideas?

How are you trying to install it? In a case like this, you should back up everything you consider important and do a clean installation.

It does. You say 10.2.8 does not install. What do you mean by that? Does the updater start up the Installer at all? Can you choose your harddrive?

Can you get an earlier combo updater to run?

Well, it fixed itself. I just did what I normally do with the computer for a couple of days and software update just started working again...weird. I didn't repair permissions or anything, which I was about to do. Oh well. Thanks anyway guys!

Back