[solved] Question About Transferring Data From One Imac To Another

tomdkat

Registered
Hi! I'm in the process of replacing an iMac running Snow Leopard with one running Mavericks. I've already successfully restored the user account, applications, and data using a Time Machine backup stored on a Time Capsule. That process worked flawlessly. However, the original iMac has still been in service since I did the restore to the new iMac. So, now I need to update the new iMac again to make it current.

What are my options? I'm thinking I could delete the user account on the new iMac and simply restore it from a current backup, like I did before. Or could I simply do another restore and let Time Machine figure out what needs to be updated?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Peace...

Hi! I'm in the process of replacing an iMac running Snow Leopard with one running Mavericks. I've already successfully restored the user account, applications, and data using a Time Machine backup stored on a Time Capsule. That process worked flawlessly. However, the original iMac has still been in service since I did the restore to the new iMac. So, now I need to update the new iMac again to make it current.

What are my options? I'm thinking I could delete the user account on the new iMac and simply restore it from a current backup, like I did before. Or could I simply do another restore and let Time Machine figure out what needs to be updated?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Peace...
Well, I ended up deleting the user accounts I had previously restored via Time Machine on the new iMacs and re-restored them. I made sure to run backups on the old iMacs first. Things went fairly smooth and the new iMacs are now in service. :)

Peace...

Back