some problems

neo36

UAAAARRRR!
a friend of mine has a few problems with his emac. maybe someone heard of these before:

1. especially when using appleworks (latest version) when saving files they are corrupted or not saved at all (you can quit the app without the save dialog, but the contents are not saved). in most cases saving works fine, but these two problems are common, he says.
he mainly uses appleworks, so it's not really sure, if it's only appleworks which has this problem. using CADintosh, this problem doesn't appear, at least....

2. The filewindows in the finder are not updated promptly (it's no network issue...)

3. sometimes the mouse is freezing for a few seconds.

4. the emac sometimes is really slow since a few weeks. it's like sitting in front of an old imac with osx.

5. another problem on an imac he has: when he tries to open a document or a folder by doubleclicking it, another document is open which is a few lines below the one he clicked on.

does anybody have any ideas regarding any of these issues? i really think it would be best to completly reinstall both of the machines. but before we do this, maybe someone can help?

thanks in advance!

Download OnyX, run all the items in the Optimize tab, or choose the Automate tab and add all the cache items to the items already selected, and click execute. this procedure will take a 30 minutes or more, restart (will take longer to restart this first time). Now try previously slow actions, This will USUALLY dramatically improve performance. may eveb help all issues. (AppleWorks has some problems in certain situations, but you may have permissions issues, which may be fixed with the above utility) OnyX is not the only Utility that does this job, but it works well for me!!

Back