Some Questions about Safari

jasfa131

The Lone Deranger
Okay so, recently I switched back to using Safari instead of Firefox for the superior performance it promised. I'm pretty pleased, but I have a couple questions:

-When I go to Preferences>Autofill>Edit, I can't delete some of the entries

-When I open Safari, it shows a blank page even though I set "New windows and tabs open with: Home Page"

-Is there a way to make it so that when I double click the address bar it highlights everything instead of having to triple click?

-Change the font to Helvetica (it doesn't change when I adjust it)

Other than that, I am loving Safari :D

Last edited:
1) I dont know why? Why cant you delete things? Did you highlight them and then press the 'Remove' button?

2) Dunno

3) No, but clicking 3 times will do the job for you.

2) Do you have a home page set (is there a web page showing in the home page line?)

3) Click the site icon at the left edge of the address window. That will select the entire web address in a single-click.

4) I don't think the font will change on the fly. Do you get the change when you Quit, then reopen Safari?

Actually, it was PithHelment (which I uninstalled) that was causing the problems with the homepage. I've highlighted the auto-fill item and clicked remove but it doesn't go away. And the font wont work change even when I restart Safari.

I don't have any other plug-ins (besides the essentials like Shockwave, DivX and Quicktime). I checked the link and everything is up to date and I tried disabling all of the plug ins. Have you guys tried changing the font and seeing if it changes? Try a distinct font like Times New Roman.

Back