some shots of my car and my bro's ...56k go make a sandwich

solidsnake

///M Therapist
Yeah, I found out I had a smudge on my lens....but the pics still look alright...any questions on them just ask...i don't feel like captioning every single one of them...well I do but I'd take forever...

civicsi34.jpg

hondaemblemfront.jpg

civicbear.jpg

civicfront.jpg

civicstereocd.jpg

civic34.jpg

civictweeter.jpg

civicrear.jpg

civicsteering.jpg

bothcars.jpg

hondaemblemrear.jpg

hondawindshieldlogo.jpg

civicstereo2.jpg

civictaillight.jpg

civicstereobutton.jpg

civicsifront.jpg

civictaillight2.jpg

civicstereo.jpg

civicside.jpg

civicmirror.jpg

civicsiside.jpg

Aha, M3 or 32x? Looks like the facelifted E36 M3 with 321hp, right (and not the old 286hp version)?
If so, you might be interested what I am driving :D
E46 M3. Didn't change much on it, since it looks just amazing.
I'll post pics some pics soon. Happy to see M3 fans here ;)

Not to denigrate your choices in autos but if you put the Beamer & Honda nose to nose & looked at their profiles the similarities would be quite obvious.What does a young fella like yourself solidsnake pay for insurance?Now picture what you'll pay with the BMW in your driveway ;) But then I suppose with your ability to indulge in imports you can easily afford it.

Zammy-Sam said:
here the pics: Me and the M3. I wish the car wasn't so thirsty..
I love the ///M...is that Jet or Carbon Black? I'm taking a guess on the Jet....

as for insurance, I'm just looking for an S50 or S52 M, I don't think I would want to pay $28k for an M3 GT when I could use the leftover money on a Dinan SC or AA turbo

If you want....check out my site autosavants.com it's for car enthusiasts...

markceltic said:
Not to denigrate your choices in autos but if you put the Beamer & Honda nose to nose & looked at their profiles the similarities would be quite obvious.What does a young fella like yourself solidsnake pay for insurance?Now picture what you'll pay with the BMW in your driveway ;) But then I suppose with your ability to indulge in imports you can easily afford it.
BMW and Honda:

yes the similarities:

1. all Normally Aspirated
2. tend to have higher redlines
3. Double VANOS and i-VTEC
4. ///M and Type R/Si/SH models come only in 5-6 speed*
5. are usually the benchmark for competitor cars
6. you usually start out with a Honda....then get a Bimmer :D

*E36 ///M3s were available in automatic

actually it's dark blue metallic with dark orange lether inside. Don't know the real colour names. However, sometimes it's annoying the speed is limited to 250km/h, but paying 2000Euro for a vmax opening is way too much for my taste. Don't get me wrong. I am not a risky driver, but sometimes the highways in germany and the traffic allow speeds more than 250km/h and it's a pitty to see the car can do more, but it's blocked..
However, I wish I had that SMGII gearbox. Should be fun

Take a BMW for a spin (esp. the M series cars) and then drive a Honda. The difference is absolutely night and day, even with older BMWs to new Hondas (98 vs 04). The Ms are definitely worth the $$$ if you have it to spend. The Hondas I've been in feel way too cheaply made to suit my tastes.

I'm actually looking more at the S60R Volvo introduced recently...less initial expense than an M3, comparable performance (0-60s, 1/4mi), great handling (C&D had a few rank it as good or even better than a M3...not sure about that myself.) Also a lot cheaper on insurance than an M series is. The big up side is the all-wheel-drive system that comes standard on it.

The Ohio Valley snow and M3s don't play well together at all...probably why I'm always stuck driving the boss' car (98 M3 4-dr) while he takes road trips in my SUV during the winter months. OH DARN, it sucks...let me tell you!

Yeah, the M3 is quite expensive in insurance and also gas consumption is an issue. It takes on average 15liter of 98 octane fuel which is very expensive here. But the thing I love about the M3 engine: sound and the high rpms (ok probably not comparable to some Honda and Mazda engines but for a german car pretty high). Volvos are quite popular in germany, but they have a slight image prob: noone is really willing to pay more than 50.000Euro for a Volvo. That's why ppl tend to favor german cars such as Mercedes, Audi and BMW. Didn't Volvo recently release a jeep like car? I saw it few times on the highways and they have a very high topspeed and still look very stable on the road.. Amazing for such a huge car.

Hey Zammy, I currently am driving a BMW 320d (bj. 2003). Has the gps navigation, leather seats, basically fully loaded with 6 speed manual transmission.
Gets good gas mileage about 8.5L/100Km. Tops out at about 220kmph on the Autobahn.

Hey Diablo, a nice car it should be. But I think you are not paying so much less for insurance than I am, huh? ;)
8.5l Diesel is pretty good. And I think you should also have something like >300Nm as well, right?

Yes I do. But it's a company car, so I don't have to worry about the cost of the diesel, or the insurance ;-)

Well, since I moved to Saarbrücken, I got myself a Smart. Wanted to keep extra expenses low and during the weekends, when I get back home, I take the M3 for a long ride..
Take a look at my 55hp (I think) Smart ;)

Those are most certainly great cars for the city. One of my sales reps in London got one because his M3 was getting way to expensive.

Zammy-Sam said:
...the thing I love about the M3 engine: sound and the high rpms (ok probably not comparable to some Honda and Mazda engines but for a german car pretty high)...

I'm partial to the older E36 models...the way their inline 6 engine sounds at WOT is a thing of beauty...that is until you figure out how much gas you're using. Didn't have a chance to get real heavy on the throttle on the E46 M3 I test drove...pesky sales guy was with us and they seem to frown upon that for some reason.

Zammy-Sam said:
Didn't Volvo recently release a jeep like car? I saw it few times on the highways and they have a very high topspeed and still look very stable on the road.. Amazing for such a huge car.

They released a SUV a few years back, if that's what you mean. Say Jeep to an American and the first thing that comes to mind is a Wrangler (think Army jeep).

I personally would call it a SAV, like BMW does. SUV implies utility...which the BMW, Volvo, Mercedes (except g-wagon) lack (as do most of the so-called SUVs today). I considered one, but just not enough utility for me.

OMG Zammy that Smart is not very pretty, but the passenger deserves another look :D Is this what we have to look forward to for autos in the future :( I know Europe may be running out of room but that is ridiculous.

I remember seeing quite a bit of those Smart cars when I was touring Europe...

Euro2004 baby!

anyway, yeah I know that a Civic EX and M3 are different cars day and night, but the basis is what I'm shooting for..

Zammy-Sam said:
Well, since I moved to Saarbrücken, I got myself a Smart. Wanted to keep extra expenses low and during the weekends, when I get back home, I take the M3 for a long ride..
Take a look at my 55hp (I think) Smart ;)
Wow! Sure different than here in America where no woman would be seen in a thing like that.

...Well maybe one of those eco-gals with spiky hair and lot-o-piercings.

I'm just kidding... I'm not really that much of a pig. I just couldn't resist because she looks so genuinely curious.

Back