someone has to post this

I know, I know.
I had no idea he was actually like what Ed said. I thought he was just the resident comic :(

Hmmm, I think we should designate a dedicated 'tree translator'
No, just a better Babblefish! Tree/Herve is flemish. His website is in flemish ("Belgian dutch"): every line in it is well formulated and it is nice reading stuff. Too bad he needs a tool like Babblefish.

Greetings/Groeten
nervus, northern neighbour to Herve

Originally posted by tree
When Panther is out softwaredevelopment continuous and another version is needed from macosx and it needs a new name. In reality names exists in great quantity and Apple has to pick one. In my case I only owns the name from my website, because nobody else may offer free music there with the same name. In reality I don't see any benefit in refusing Apple to use something similar. We can continue this thread with think differents.::love:: :)

Actually, reading through this, I can understand it. I think it means something like this:

Once Apple finishes Panther, they will start on a new version, and it needs a new name. There are plenty of names out there, and Apple needs to stop naming it's OSes after cats. I own the name for my website, and that means no one else can offer free music with the same name. I think it would benefit Apple to do something like this.
We can continue this thread with your opinions.

What do you think? :)

so tree, why don't you ask for help with that ibook? that's what we're here for. explain the problem for us, even if you have to do it in flemmish. seems we have a couple of people who could do a better job than babblefish of translating it for you.

so everyone - notice how tree makes more sense when you talk to him instead of about him?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize he just wasn't the in-house comic. I thought he did it for laughs :(

So that explains Tree/Hervé (not that I didn't know what he was about, I just didn't know as much about him as Ed described); what about Elektro?

Apple uses cat names for the code names for OS X developments. They should stop using them as the title of the product and just use the plain ol' numbering system they used before.

What do you guys think about having something like "Mac OS X 11.2"?

As I've _always_ said "eks" instead of "ten", I wouldn't mind a "Mac OS X 11.3" at all. However, Apple has tried to make clear from the beginning that the X stands for ten. So that's a no-go. We've also been through this several hundred thousand times, though. At the current rate, 10.9 will be out in Autumn 2009, and after that, I'm sure we'll all be glad about something completely different.

However: There are enough cats around until 10.9, I think, so the discussion isn't needed at all.

To Mods around: Leave this thread in News & Rumours, please. It's been a long time since the last real Hervé-Thread in this forum. Ah, nostalgy. ;-)

Mac OS X 10.7 Siamese, Mac OS X 10.8 Tabby, Mac OS X 10.9 Tom... LOL

I wonder if we'll see a completely new OS after 10.9. Apple got 16 years out of the framework that OS 9 was built on, maybe they'll only go for 10 years with OS X.

I'm sure that when Longhorn comes out, Apple will think of an especially nasty predator :D ... and I wonder, why not Tiger or Lion? Everybody suggests things like Lynx and Ocelot etc. but there are a lot of the bigger cats that haven't been used yet ... or am I missing something?

Originally posted by tree
ecommerce
In one week Panther is out. From commercial point of view Apple needs a successor.
I hope that with this simple example everyone understands what I mean.
example:
Ford Genk in Belgium (Ford largest factory) is the only factory who makes the Mondeo. The factory has now problems because there isn't a successor. There is not enough demand for the old model and development of a new car seems to be inpossible. This can lead to a 10000 people job cuts and an economical disaster.

3000, Hervé... 3000

Now you're all wondering why i say Herve. Well, back in those days when Herve was still alive, i saw that he lives in Leuven and studies at KU Leuven. Now i see this link from him to a site hosted by the KU Leuven. ::ha::

Yes, we've been through it before, Hervé = Tree, Tree = Hervé and Elektro = ???.

Back