Something big at MWSF?!

MacLegacy

Unemployed Student!
www.looprumors.com, the crystall ball sees everything :D

but for those lazy persons who can't click a link, I'll copy and paste it here ;)

12/23 – Just a little food for thought…Apple has been very tightlipped about their plans for the upcoming Macworld Expo. Being secretive is par for the course when it comes to Apple announcing new products, but this January, something’s cooking. There are several signs of a higher level of security than in Expos past. First and most important - Apple was adamant about participating in the January event, even though they have not committed to any future participation with Expo producer IDG. Apple needs a forum of this magnitude if they plan to make any substantial announcement. We’ve heard that the word around Infinite Loop is that nothing leaks this time - nothing. And we know that at last year’s introduction of the flat panel iMac, Steve Jobs criticized organizer’s poor planning for allowing Time magazine to ‘steal the bang’ from his keynote by distributing copies of the magazine sporting the new iMac on its cover - before it was introduced. Finally, we know that Jobs is well overdue for another innovative, groundbreaking announcement.

I find this pretty interesting, higher security and we haven't heard about leaks either did we this time? I think it would be pretty cool to have a big announcement !

Personally, even though I can't afford anything just now, I would like new PowerMacs and a new digital device, among other things.

I don't really mean this thread to become overrun with personal predictions, mostly logical comments about that article please!

keep the rumors coming and the expectations soaring. you're only setting yourself for major disappointment! :)

Yeah, I know the best thing to tell ourselves is that it won't be anything great, if it isn't then you'll have known, and if it is then you're happy! :D

i feel bad for apple... every 6 months they have the pressure of having to come up with something groundbreaking and amazing or they dissapoint their customers...

sucks :p

Originally posted by BuddahBobb
i feel bad for apple... every 6 months they have the pressure of having to come up with something groundbreaking and amazing or they dissapoint their customers...

sucks :p

seen from that point of view, it does suck!

Well, this year I plan on buying a new Mac, it could be March, it could be October, but either way, I hope something "ground breaking" comes out this year. It will be the difference on if I go with a Powerbook or a Desktop.

i dont disagree with that...

but there is a difference between hoping and expecting, most mac fans expect amazing things all the time, when quite frankly its a hard thing to do

I would imagine it's about time for them to have wireless keyboards and mice. I don't know about anyone else, but I liked it when they had the power button on the keyboard. They decided to put everything else on the keyboard, why not the power button too?

Tim

Maybe nothing's getting out because they scared the crap out of the employees when they threw the book at that employee who was leaking info

"Maybe nothing's getting out because they scared the crap out of the employees when they threw the book at that employee who was leaking info"

yeah, i know that would freak me out. wait no. what the heck? what does that have to do with anything?

There has been quite some talk already. Afaik, we'll see iMacs and eMacs, iPods and some iApplications (and/or updates). the PowerMacs will be about a month late. Isn't that enough of data to start from? :)

Originally posted by fryke
There has been quite some talk already. Afaik, we'll see iMacs and eMacs, iPods and some iApplications (and/or updates). the PowerMacs will be about a month late. Isn't that enough of data to start from? :)

What date is it in January?! ... Sorry, don't bash me, i jus dunno! :eek:

Neyo

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~
What date is it in January?! ... Sorry, don't bash me, i jus dunno! :eek:

Neyo

Macworld San Francisco is always the first full week after New Years Day. So this year it's from January 6-January 10.

Originally posted by Hobeaux
Macworld San Francisco is always the first full week after New Years Day. So this year it's from January 6-January 10.

Thanks Mate, maybe i should be let off, for being English?! :p :p After all, i drive on the WRONG side of the road! :p

Neyo

Back