songs not on my iphone ?....Help

cleo

Registered
i bought a cd and put it in my computer and the songs are in my library but
not on my iphone?... did i miss a step when i put the the cd in my computer?
thanks for any help...

Did you import the songs into iTunes (this is different from simply inserting the CD and having the tracks displayed in iTunes)? Then, did you sync the songs to your iPhone?

You need to create an iPhone library in iTunes. Drag any or all from main library to iPhone library (don't worry, all songs will remain in main library) and make sure sync to iPhone is checked.

thanks...i think i forgot to import them..... so i will get the cd later and import them..... i will let you know if it worked.... and thanks as always... cleo

As with much to do with the iPhone, there's a bit of a trick to getting this working smoothly so you can have control over your iPhone music, while keeping it as darn easy to work with as possible. The answer? Create a custom playlist for your iPhone music library.legit work from home business

Let me show you how to do it - it's pretty darn easy.

Pop into iTunes and choose File --> New Playlist. Now rename it to something logical: I use "iPhone Sync":

Now you can just drag and drop music from your iTunes library (in iTunes, needless to say) into this new playlist. When you're ready, you'll see a bunch of music happily ensconced in the playlist (remember, it's all just "pointers": the actual music files are still safely in the main music library, so if you delete something from a playlist , you haven't deleted the original music file itself):

Notice here on the very bottom of the iTunes window it shows you how many songs are in the playlist, along with the size and total playing time. For my current playlist, it's 140 songs, 10.1 hours, for a total file size of 851MB, no problem for my 4GB Apple iPhone.

Last edited:
Back