*Speculation!* 20th ann. iMac Paris expo?

You can almost image a group of burglars trying to carry it down the street, wearing black and white striped tops carrying bags with "SWAG" written on them ...

"Here comes a policeman - act casual!"

I did catch the search comments Steve made during the keynote. And was surprised when I heard the Imac sales were suspended. My opinion is they will introduce G5 Imacs, with the 17, 20, 23" displays. They will be the silver color of the PB and G5. That is my opinion.

very doubtful 23 inch. Probably going to keep the 17 and 20 inch bring the prices down a bit little bigger base lot more holes little different swivel points bit more clear plastic to match ibooks/ipods more. Will also introduce two headless imacs one black(clear gloss crystal) and one white(pearl glass) that can be hooked up to either apple monitors or other. These will sell for $799.

code names: white cloud/thunder cloud

the 23 inch would be surprising. I think Apple will need something new to re-introduce the imac, besides G5. If just G5, what would the surprise be? :)

not 100% speculation.

From apple's site:
Apple has stopped taking orders for the current iMac line as we begin the transition from the current iMac line to an all new iMac line which will be announced and available in September.

I hope that picture isn't what it turns out to be, it looks like a deformed laptop.

And I think Apple really needs to introduce a G3 or G4 low end line, like the old iMacs or the current ones, not really high speed but low priced. A lot of people don't want to buy Macs because they're "too expensive". Why can't Apple have a lower end computer cheap?

the eMac is Apple's lower end computer, and is fairly cheap.

that picture is just an xServe under a new display - the new iMac won't look like that.

actually the xserve laptop is a precursor to the new xbooks they are portable but not really laptop as the g5 powerbooks/ibooks won't appear till 2006

lnoelstorr said:
the eMac is Apple's lower end computer, and is fairly cheap.

that picture is just an xServe under a new display - the new iMac won't look like that.

no, the xserve will stand up vertically behind the display. :D

The iMac will stay white acrylic methinks, purely because they've established a design philosophy both with the OS and the hardware putting consumer devices (iMac, iBook, iPod) in white and power devices in brushed aluminium (PowerMac G5, PowerBook, XServe).

I was really disappointed with how little saturation the new iMacs got, they look incredible, and just aren't done justice by the site.

I guess people really DO want colours...

But I really, really love the way the iMac G4 looks.

Back