Stange speed problem.

laurie

Registered
Hello. Im getting a strange thing happen when I use macmame. It runs very smooth at 60 fps but every 15-20 secs it will slow right down to 20ish like there is somthing happening in another app. I have looked in activity monitor and cant see anything obvious. Any ideas.
PS thanks everyone for all the tips. My Imac gets much more use now I know how to use it. It was just like a drawing book for me, Now she does everything.

So the problem is back or you never really got over those breaks in your performance? You should add what game you are talking about. Did you try 16bit colour depth?

Its back. It was running fine for a while and I cant think of anything I have installed that could make a diference. Its with every macmame game I have and it happens with opengl on and off. And its in 16bit yeah. Its wierd?

but i dont think its an open gl problem because it happens with open gl off too.
just noticed it happen in UT 2003 as well. Its most noticable in macmame. the only spike I can see in activety monitor is some root thing called ioupsd, but the timing is not consistent with the frame rate lag.

didnt work 66s open gl is broken in os x and all other 77 builds do the same thing.
I cant be the only one with this problem can I?

Back