sticky trackpad pointer on windows xp / bootcamp

guapagirl

Registered
OK, I have managed to install windows xp via bootcamp on my MB and I also installed the mac driver disk I made before installation. It all seems to work fine but sometimes the pointer is 'sticky'. It just won't move or moves very slowly. I have tried moving it with the button pressed down, but it doesn't make any difference.

I can't see any reason for it because it isn't something that happens consistently like on certain apps etc and it isn't all the time. Any ideas?

The trackpad is designed to scroll, and not move the pointer when you touch down with a second finger. I have helped several customers with this, after upgrading from laptops that do not have this added feature.

The pointer appears to freeze if you touch the pad with a second finger, or just graze the pad while another finger is in contact.

Be careful not to touch the pad with more than a single fingertip while moving the cursor. Any possibility of the 'two-finger tango' in your case?

Does this happen only in Windows?

Thanks for the reply! Yep, only in windows and I'm careful just to use the one finger. When it happens, it is more difficult to move horizontally, though it is still sticky on the verticals.

Here's some things to try:
Make sure you have the Apple Drivers disk created from BootCamp vers 1.1.2
Reinstall the windows drivers from that disk.
Does an external mouse have the same problem?
Does the hardware manager in windows show any problem with the mouse or trackpad driver?
What else have you tried, other than 'bumping' along here?

Back