Still can't get rid of Adium X completely...

Convert

Tech
Don't get me wrong, I like Adium, I just can't install themes because it won't forget previous modifications to the appearence, so they overlap the themes.

I'm using 10.4.5, had this problem since Panther. I've trashed all the files I could find; aren't there any files in the general Library? The one that is found directly in the hard disk, not a User? I have two accounts on this mac, do I have to delete the files for each one?

Basically, the image below shows an example of how the computer has not completely forgotten Adium. The Background Image field should be empty, but it's not. It's small things like these that cause problems.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 20
Just what is this a screenshot of? I can't find it anywhere in my system preferences....

Convert said:
Don't get me wrong, I like Adium, I just can't install themes because it won't forget previous modifications to the appearence, so they overlap the themes.

I'm using 10.4.5, had this problem since Panther. I've trashed all the files I could find; aren't there any files in the general Library? The one that is found directly in the hard disk, not a User? I have two accounts on this mac, do I have to delete the files for each one?

Basically, the image below shows an example of how the computer has not completely forgotten Adium. The Background Image field should be empty, but it's not. It's small things like these that cause problems.

Thanks.

You started with a (possible) question about getting rid of Adium (I think), but hard to understand what your question really is. Seeing a pref pane for Adium is confusing to someone tryng to answer your question about cleaning up files used by Adium.
Have you checked in the usual places that Adium might store configuration files?
Such as: /Library/Application Support folder
/Library/Caches folder
/Library/Preferences folder
~/Library/Application Support folder
~/Library/Caches folder
~/Library/Preferences folder
If nothing, then be sure to check in your ~/Documents folder

Back