Streaming Radio Saved to iTunes Music Library

andychrist

devil's plaything
Every time I launch a streaming station, a new copy is generated as a track in my iTunes Music Library.

Is there any way to keep that from happening? (I really hate having streaming stations showing up in Party Shuffle!)

It's a real pain, having to continually delete streaming tracks from the Music Library. I'd use VLC instead but the iTunes mini player is so nice and small... Used to like Whamb!, but it causes kernel panics under Tiger in my ancient iMac.

Any suggestions?

ThanX in advance.

Attachments

• iTunes Music Library.jpg
    iTunes Music Library.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
For streaming radio I use FStream. I always see the same thing in iTunes as you do to see streaming extra internet radio stations that are not built in.

Yes I think so too. I use the minimal portion of the program. It even keeps playing when I put the program in another space. My favorite internet radio station is OEM Radio.

Update:

Seems Apple has fixed the problem of repeated copies of internet radio stations accruing in iTunes with version 8.

Hooray!

I still like FStream, but it isn't good at playing archived streams, tends to hang pretty quick. Real Player 11 actually plays back archived material better than either FStream or iTunes on my Mac. Go figure.

Back