Stuck on kernel bootloop

megatronix

Registered
what should i do to fix this. im trying to install os x yosemite from my el capitan pc and erase everything on my hdd to fresh install the os but suddenly while doing the restore process pc got interrupted shutoff. it says mac os not found. Macbook pro 5,5. 2009 mid 13IMG20221007181914_01.jpg

If your MBPro shut itself off, that can be a failed hard drive, or maybe you simply lost power, and now the directory on the hard drive may be corrupted.
I would try booting to an external drive, or an OS X installer, then open Disk Utility (easy to find in the Utilities menu when you are booted to an OS X installer). You should be able to see the hard drive (or find it missing when the drive has completely failed)
Your post says that you were trying to simply erase the drive (with El Capitan installed), then install Yosemite.
Were you also wanting to save anything on that drive before you erased the drive?
If you don't need to save anything, you could just boot to your Yosemite bootable installer, erase the drive then (assuming the internal drive is still working.)
If you can't do anything with the drive, maybe not even visible in your Disk Utility, then it's a great opportunity to swap the internal drive with a new SSD (the SATA SSDs are quite inexpensive right now (You can find 500 GB SSD for less than $40), and end up with a 2009 MBPro that is much more responsive than when it was new... (replace the SATA ribbon cable, while you are inside, those fail, too... )

@DeltaMac ..do i need to buy sata ribbon cable separately? or the one that is included on the ssd that 'm going to buy..im planning to replace it with ssd kingston A400 240GB

@DeltaMac it seems that even before i notice my hhd is corrupted im having a hard time erasing the whole disk but it gives me an error..i can only erase directory file to install new os..also my when plugging d magsafe it shows not charging..if im going to takeoff the the power cord the.machine will totally shutoff..so battery is also another issue not only my hdd..

I have bought those Kingston SATA SSDs a couple of times. There is NO SATA ribbon cable included, just the SSD.
Even if one was included, it would not likely fit as a replacement. Here's a possible source for that ribbon cable:
You will notice it is NOT a simple ribbon cable, but includes a couple of sensors/LEDs, just for the Macbook Pro.

And, a replacement battery:

The battery should fix your power issue - but if the charging problem continues, even after replacing the battery, then you might consider replacing the DC-in board (where your magsafe charger plugs in):
Cheap part, but challenging to replace!

@DeltaMac
thanks for ur help buddy..i got all the parts that i need..i also wanted to upgrade my ram up to 16gb with 2 pcs 8gb crucial ddr3.. will it be possible coz max of 8 gb only supports on this model..2.26ghz core 2 duo 1066 mhz fs bus speed..has two sodimm slots

Back