Stuffit problem / Jessops Photo Manager

Clarey

Registered
Hi, I have just bought the 3.5" digital photo frame from Jessops and want to download photos from my iPhoto. I have downloaded the Jessops Photo Manager but can't seem to open it. It says I need stuffit, which I have, but I get the stuffit error message #17999.
Has anyone any ideas? I really really want this done in the next 24 hrs for a Christmas present and have spent hours on it - practically in tears now!
thanks, Clarey

Photo Manager.exe

How do I 'right click' with an iBook G4? Have tried clicking on the right hand side of the mouse clicker but it just opens Stuffit which then shuts down with the error message #17999 - internal stuffit bug.

thanks for your help - i feel completely stupid but still can't figure it out.

You now have the file that you downloaded, but you won't be able to use it on your Mac. As you can see, it is a .exe, or a windows executable app - so, this runs only on Windows. There's no Mac version of that software at Jessop's, AFAIK.

Suggestion - if you plug the USB cable from that photo frame to your Mac, you MIGHT be able to use the software that you already have: iPhoto - find your selected photo, and choose Export from the menus, and browse to the photo-frame.

Can't use export because can't find the photo frame on my mac, doesn't seem to be registering, despite being connected via USB.
Wish everyone would make apps mac compatible...

so irritating - if you go to jessops.com/downloads they say:
QUOTE: [Please note: Compressed files for a MAC end in .sit. They will require a utility such as StuffIt Expander to decompress the files. You can download StuffIt Expander here].
But when you go to the driver for the digital photo frame, it only seems to be a Windows app. (www.jessops.com/Downloads/DigitalPhotoFrames)

Have spent all night on this, upgrading my stuffit, which required me to upgrade my Safari, which required me to upgrade my OS......

They probably have Mac drivers only for other hardware. It's irritating that there's only one driver showing up on that page and that it doesn't say what platform it is for etc. ... Does the manual for the frame state any _other_ ways of transferring files to it?

EDIT: I see it has memory card slots. I guess you'll have to put the fotos on a memory card then. If the photo frame does not handle like a standard USB mass memory device (i.e. show up in Finder), it might just not work with a Mac without that workaround of going via SD-card.

thank you and I am really sorry to waste forum space on such a trivial newbie thing, but how do I download to an SD card? It is for my husbands Christmas present and I know I won't have time later in the week! (PS the little desktop digital frames are down to £19 from about £49 on the Jessops website if anyone is looking for last minute presents and doesn't mind doing the SD work-around thingy!)
thanks heaps and heaps and heaps.

You can't download an SD-card, you buy it, use it with a cardreader on the Mac and put it in the slot for it in the picture frame.

yes, sorry, I knew you couldn't download an SD card, I was going to go and buy one - but how do you download TO an SD card? Do I have to buy a card reader too?
thanks Fryke.

Yes. You'd have to have a card reader in order for the card to show up on the Mac's desktop. Then you should be able to just drop photos on that card's icon, eject it and put it in the picture frame.

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Crucial Technology/Crucial Technology/109662.aspx?s=froogle

yhst-67720110273938_2030_10589894.jpg

Attachments

• w.jpg
    w.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 2
thank you, that is really helpful! I ended up buying a card reader/writer from Asda for £16 which worked really well! Problem solved, thanks all.
c

Back