Stupid IT depart block Apple.com

MacFreak

Chic Not Geek
How do you use the commands to fetch files from apple.com/support to download files to desktop instead of using website since our stupied IT department decided to block all apple download. Argh.

If they blocked access to Apple.com via a protocol block, then no amount of programs are gonna let you download from there.

I don't see how one can block access to a site solely through a web browser but not other internet programs.

Umm.. I used to use shell to use unix command to fetch files from apple. Like ftp -a apple.com or something like that. The IT department designed web based block by meta tag not IP address. So i can bypass thur shell.. How?

MacFreak said:
The IT department designed web based block by meta tag not IP address. So i can bypass thur shell.. How?

This makes absolutely no sense, how can the meta tags enter into things to allow you to access the site form the shell?

ElDiabloConCaca said:
Well, perhaps they blocked access to apple.com via http only, since you were able to get in using ftp..?

Yes.. I am able to ftp and telnet apple.com but only website blocked. Seem non of anyone know how to use command to fetch files. I able to use curl www.apple.com it show all urls but I cannot remember how to use command to start download files.

It is highly probable there are also filters in place to
block any proxies - and even if you manage to use a
proxy successfully,it will probably be blocked the next
time you try to connect to it.

Why not try contacting the IT department and ask if they will
unblock apple.com - why did they block it?

I asked IT dept. They simple said they make mistake to blocked it. Whew.. They did unblock. Thanks for your time..

Back